In the Spotlight
Immunization Awareness Week 2017
One Shot with the Power to Save Millions
Did you know that more than two million lives are saved by vaccines every year?
In the spirit of National Immunization Awareness Week, observed from April 22nd to April 29th this year, we're putting the spotlight on the life-saving power of vaccines.
Immunization prevents deaths every year in all age groups, providing protection from diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, measles and more. Vaccines have also led to the eradication of smallpox, the near eradication of polio, and the control of other diseases, including polio and whooping cough, which were once debilitating and highly life-threatening. The risk of exposure to these and other vaccine preventable infections remains but immunization programs keep the risk of disease at bay.i
The Vaccines411 team has chosen for you a short list of personal favorites that put the spotlight on the life-saving power of vaccines.
Top 5 useful resources highlighting the global life saving power of vaccines:
- Canada’s Immunization Timeline Canadian Public Health Association
- 10 Facts on Immunization The World Health Organization
- Immunization: The most successful public health measure Public Health Agency of Canada
- Impact of vaccines on vaccine preventable diseases Government of Canada
- Immunization saves lives Government of Canada
Top 5 Infographics:
Six goals of the Global vaccine action plan
World Health Organization
i Immunization: The most successful public health measure. Public Healthy Agency of Canada.