This is the place to find useful tips, articles, and resources to help you stay informed regarding Lyme disease.
Click on the links below to learn more about Lyme disease, including what causes the disease, how to identify tick bites, Lyme disease prevention measures, and what to do if you or a family member has been bitten by a tick.
Lyme Disease is on the rise...
- Ticks spread plenty more for you to worry about beyond Lyme disease — The Weather Network
- Tick-tock: Ticks are spreading across Canada. Here are their new homes — Global News
- Lyme Disease risk areas are up from last year: Public Health Ontario — CBC News
- Deer ticks on the rise in Hamilton — CBC News
- Lyme disease vastly under-detected in Canada, according to new study — CBC News
- Garlic oil effective at fighting bacteria that causes Lyme disease: study — CTV News
- Surveillance of Lyme disease Public Health Agency of Canada
- Lyme disease CDC
- Around the world: Tick-borne diseases IAMAT
- Lyme disease fact sheet for pregnant womenCDC
- Lyme Basics CanLyme (Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation)
- Learn about Lyme disease Public Health Agency of Canada
- Risk of Lyme disease in Canada IAMAT
Tips & Tools:
- Tick Identification Guide Tick Encounter
- A Homeowner's Guide to Tick Safety Angie’s List
- Don’t let a tick make you sick- crossword puzzle and information sheet for kids CDC
This list of resources is in no way complete, if you have a resource link which should be included on this page please contact us at ac.114seniccav@troppus.
This information should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.