This is the place to find useful tips, articles, and resources to help you stay informed regarding Lyme disease.
Click on the links below to learn more about Lyme disease, including what causes the disease, how to identify tick bites, Lyme disease prevention measures, and what to do if you or a family member has been bitten by a tick.
Lyme Disease is on the rise...
- Tick-tock: Ticks are spreading across Canada. Here are their new homes — Global News
- Lyme Disease risk areas are up from last year: Public Health Ontario — CBC News
- Deer ticks on the rise in Hamilton — CBC News
- Lyme disease vastly under-detected in Canada, according to new study — CBC News
- Garlic oil effective at fighting bacteria that causes Lyme disease: study — CTV News
- Lyme Basics CanLyme (Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation)
- Surveillance of Lyme disease Public Health Agency of Canada
- Learn about Lyme disease Public Health Agency of Canada
- Tick Identification Guide Tick Encounter
- Lyme disease CDC
- Risk of Lyme disease in Canada IAMAT
- Around the world: Tick-borne diseases IAMAT
- A Homeowner's Guide to Tick Safety Angie’s List
Lyme Disease Prevention & Research
- A vaccine for Lyme disease was shelved years ago. Is it time to bring it back? CBC News
- Canadian scientists track Lyme disease threat CBC News
- Tick bites may be preventable with new Canadian invention The Weather Network
This list of resources is in no way complete, if you have a resource link which should be included on this page please contact us at ac.114seniccav@troppus.
This information should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.