Staying healthy and immunized is a lifelong process.
Are you fully protected?
Welcome to Vaccines411.ca, Canada's Vaccine Clinic Directory. Here at Vaccines411.ca, you will find an extensive list of clinics offering immunizations across Canada, along with reliable information about a wide range of vaccinations. It's easy. Simply enter your postal code and choose your category to locate the vaccinating clinic closest to you.
About the flu
Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza A and influenza B viruses. Every year, several strains of seasonal flu circulate, causing hospitalizations in an estimated 12,000 Canadians, and 3,500 deaths.
Understanding immune protection
You develop immunity to a virus when you are exposed to it. That exposure can occur in one of two ways – when you catch a particular strain of flu, or when you are vaccinated against that strain. Exposure triggers ... Read more
- ‘Against all odds’: The inside story of how scientists across three continents produced an Ebola vaccine
- Rotavirus vaccine now added to routine immunization schedule in Nova Scotia
- How the Spanish Flu killed more Nova Scotians than the Halifax Explosion
- Case of whooping cough confirmed at Westwood Junior High School in Saint-Lazare, Que.
- Pharmaceutical company Merck receives FDA approval for Ebola vaccine
- Death toll from measles outbreak in Congo hits 6,000: WHO
- Lessons for Canada after Samoa's deadly measles outbreak
- ‘We’re backsliding’: Surge in measles cases reported globally
- What We Know About the Measles Comeback
- How to avoid getting sick while travelling this holiday season
Vaccines411® Past Articles
Meningitis – Get the facts
Bacterial and viral infections are the most common causes of meningitis. Infection with the meningococcus bacterium causes invasive meningococcal disease (IMD), which can result in disability and even death.1 Meningitis due to a viral infection can be serious but is rarely life threatening. Most people recover within 5 to 10 days... Read more
Vaccination for women – providing protection as you move through life
For the young at heart
Life is full of surprises – When it comes to your love life, awareness and immunizations can help ensure that they’re all positive.... Read more
Travel Safely: Get Immunized
Planning a trip?
When you set out on your travels, your biggest concern should be planning how to enjoy yourself when you reach your destination. The last thing you want to worry about is catching an infectious disease – both while you’re away from home and after you return... Read more