Staying healthy and immunized is a lifelong process.
Are you fully protected?
Welcome to Vaccines411.ca, Canada's Vaccine Clinic Directory. Here at Vaccines411.ca, you will find an extensive list of clinics offering immunizations across Canada, along with reliable information about a wide range of vaccinations. It's easy. Simply enter your postal code and choose your category to locate the vaccinating clinic closest to you.
About the flu
Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza A and influenza B viruses. Every year, several strains of seasonal flu circulate, causing hospitalizations in an estimated 12,000 Canadians, and 3,500 deaths.
Understanding immune protection
You develop immunity to a virus when you are exposed to it. That exposure can occur in one of two ways – when you catch a particular strain of flu, or when you are vaccinated against that strain. Exposure triggers ... Read more
- ‘Serial’ flu shots still better than none at all: researchers
- BLIZZARD: Make sure your kid is vaccinated
- ‘Our parents didn’t have a choice’: Vaccinate your children, polio survivors plead
- Mandatory vaccination bill will return with changes, says Higgs
- Next vaccination bill won’t back down from dropping non-medical exemptions, Cardy says
- Measles outbreaks in Samoa kills dozens of children, puts island nation in holiday lockdown
- Reader letter: Trust your doctor when it comes to vaccinations
- Get your shot
- WHO warns measles resurgent as Samoa deaths rise
- Winter clinics open across Quebec as cold and flu season gets underway
Vaccines411® Past Articles
Meningitis – Get the facts
Bacterial and viral infections are the most common causes of meningitis. Infection with the meningococcus bacterium causes invasive meningococcal disease (IMD), which can result in disability and even death.1 Meningitis due to a viral infection can be serious but is rarely life threatening. Most people recover within 5 to 10 days... Read more
Vaccination for women – providing protection as you move through life
For the young at heart
Life is full of surprises – When it comes to your love life, awareness and immunizations can help ensure that they’re all positive.... Read more
Travel Safely: Get Immunized
Planning a trip?
When you set out on your travels, your biggest concern should be planning how to enjoy yourself when you reach your destination. The last thing you want to worry about is catching an infectious disease – both while you’re away from home and after you return... Read more