Staying healthy and immunized is a lifelong process.
Are you fully protected?
Welcome to Vaccines411.ca, Canada's Vaccine Clinic Directory. Here at Vaccines411.ca, you will find an extensive list of clinics offering immunizations across Canada, along with reliable information about a wide range of vaccinations. It's easy. Simply enter your postal code and choose your category to locate the vaccinating clinic closest to you.
If you are a senior, odds are you have heard of shingles. Perhaps a friend or family member has suffered this painful, blistering rash – about 50% of those affected are over age 60. Luckily, we have a vaccine to help us avoid developing shingles.
What is shingles?
Shingles (Herpes Zoster) is caused by reactivation of the varicella zoster virus, which causes the chicken pox that many of us had as children.
You may feel unwell, or have some itching or tingling of the skin before a rash of open, oozing blisters emerges, often along one side of the torso or more rarely, on the face – this requires immediate medical attention... Read more
- Science Says: Why Europe still has so many measles outbreaks
- More countries in Europe added to measles travel notice from Public Health Agency of Canada
- The world is zeroing in on the end of polio – by stopping people at bus stops, airports, and train stations
- Could Canada have measles outbreaks like those in Europe?
- Ont. public health officials warn of possible measles exposure on Air Canada flight
- Unusually harsh flu season – blamed for 130 deaths in Canada – now at ‘peak levels’
- Brazil confirms 353 yellow fever cases, including 98 deaths
- Interior Health urges teenagers to get meningitis immunization while vaccine is available
- Nationwide vaccine shortages could cause trouble for travellers
Vaccines411® Past Articles
At home or away, keep your family healthy!
In autumn, Canadians begin to spend more time indoors – and this is when illnesses like influenza and pneumonia are most common and also easily spread, especially to people who have not been vaccinated... Read more
Stay Safe This Summer - Reduce Your Risks For Zika And Tetanus
Outdoor activity can carry some tiny but potentially severe health risks, including tetanus bacteria and Zika-bearing mosquitos. So whether you are gardening at home this summer or vacationing in warmer climes, enjoy time outdoors knowing you have done all you can to keep yourself and your family safe... Read more
Protect youth through prevention
A proactive, preventive approach to adolescence can keep teens healthy. Several vaccines are important for today’s youth – this issue will focus on prevention of human papillomavirus (HPV) and meningitis infections... Read more