Staying healthy and immunized is a lifelong process.
Are you fully protected?
Welcome to Vaccines411.ca, Canada's Vaccine Clinic Directory. Here at Vaccines411.ca, you will find an extensive list of clinics offering immunizations across Canada, along with reliable information about a wide range of vaccinations. It's easy. Simply enter your postal code and choose your category to locate the vaccinating clinic closest to you.
What is meningitis?
Meningitis is an inflammation of the membranes that protect the brain and spinal cord.1
What can cause meningitis?
Bacterial and viral infections are the most common causes of meningitis. Infection with the meningococcus bacterium causes invasive meningococcal disease (IMD), which can result in disability and even death.1 Meningitis due to a viral infection can be serious but is rarely life threatening. Most people recover within 5 to 10 days.2... Read more
- How to prep yourself for the flu season
- Health authorities urging B.C. residents to give flu vaccines a shot
- B.C measles immunization reporting program to begin: what parents need to know
- Recent ‘awful’ flu seasons may have spurred vaccine uptake, pharmacist says
- Alberta health officials urge immunization ahead of school year
- Flu vaccine selections may be an ominous sign for this winter
- Flu forecast 2019: Here’s what to expect from this year’s flu season
- Handwashing vs. hand sanitizer: Which one is better at killing flu virus?
- Why patients are caught in the middle of the battle over how to treat Lyme disease <
Vaccines411® Past Articles
Vaccination for women – providing protection as you move through life
For the young at heart
Life is full of surprises – When it comes to your love life, awareness and immunizations can help ensure that they’re all positive.... Read more
Travel Safely: Get Immunized
Planning a trip?
When you set out on your travels, your biggest concern should be planning how to enjoy yourself when you reach your destination. The last thing you want to worry about is catching an infectious disease – both while you’re away from home and after you return... Read more
What is FLU DRIFT?
and how does it affect our seasonal flu vaccine?
About the flu
Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza A and influenza B viruses. Every year, several strains of seasonal flu circulate, causing hospitalizations in an estimated 12,000 Canadians, and 3,500 deaths.1... Read more