Keeping their children happy and healthy is a parent’s first priority. To help, we have gathered a list of reliable resources, articles and videos on immunization for infants and children in Canada.
You can also help your children discover and learn how vaccines work, and why they are so important with our Just for Fun section featuring interactive games, videos and activities to help kids develop an interest in immunization at a young age and lessen their fear of the needle’s prick.
Infants and Children Resources:
- Routine Vaccinations - Keeping kids safe in a not-so-routine time By Vaccines411
- Healthy Kids Today Because of Yesterday By Vaccines411
- Immunization: A little pain for great gains By Vaccines411
- Multiple Vaccinations at One Time Healthy Children
Tips & Tools:
- Patient Information Library Vaccines411
- A Parent’s Guide to Vaccination: now available in 13 languages Public Health Agency of Canada
- Your Best Shot: A Parent’s Guide to Vaccination Canadian Paediatric Society
- Vaccination schedule for infants and children in Canada Government of Canada
- When Can I Go Back to School If I Have the Flu? Kids Health
- How to Handle Your Shots Like a Champ Kids Boost Immunity
- How Vaccines Help Kids Health
- 10 things every parent should know about RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Immunizations for Children Government of Canada
- Don’t wait vaccinate: a guide to immunization for First Nations and Inuit parents and caregivers Government of Canada
- Childhood diseases and their vaccines Baby Center
- Child Immunization Schedule: Why Is It Like That? Healthy Children
- Vaccines for children: COVID-19 Government of Canada
Just for Fun:
- Vaccine activity book Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Colouring book Immunize Canada
- CARD game for kids Immunize Canada
- CARD connect the dots About Kids Health
- Be a Flu Detective: Worksheet & User Guide English (K-Grade 2) National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- Ready Wrigley Prepares for Flu Season National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- "Just the vax" vaccine trivia game Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Vaccine facts for kids Facts just for kids
- National child day Public Health Agency of Canada
This list of resources is in no way complete, if you have a resource link which should be included on this page please contact us at ac.114seniccav@troppus.
This information should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.