Keeping their children happy and healthy is a parent’s first priority. To help, we have gathered a list of reliable resources, articles and videos on immunization for infants and children in Canada.
You can also help your children discover and learn how vaccines work, and why they are so important with our Just for Fun section featuring interactive games, videos and activities to help kids develop an interest in immunization at a young age and lessen their fear of the needle’s prick.
Infants and Children Resources:
- Planning a Pregnancy? Vaccines to Consider (PDF) – Immunize Canada
- A Parent’s Guide to Vaccination: now available in 13 languages – Public Health Agency of Canada
- When Parents Choose Not to Vaccinate: Risks and Responsibilities – Caring for Kids
- Vaccinations and Your Child Caring for Kids
- Vaccine Safety Caring for Kids
- How Vaccines Work (Video) Immunize for Good
- Immunizations for Children Government of Canada
- Your Best Shot: A Parent’s Guide to Vaccination – Canadian Paediatric Society
- For First Nations and Inuit – Vaccines: Making Sure Kids Get Their Needles Government of Canada
- Baby’s First Immunization Government of Canada
- Childhood diseases and their vaccines Baby Center
- Poster: Be a champion Public Health Agency of Canada
- Poster: Boost your power Public Health Agency of Canada
Articles of Interest:
- When Pregnant Women Get Flu Shots, Babies Are Healthier – NPR
- Healthy Kids Today Because of Yesterday – Vaccines411
- Have a Healthy Back to School Season – Vaccines411
- Celebrating Moms, Celebrating Babies – Vaccines411
- Preparing for School – Vaccines411
- Pre-teens Prepare for Adolescence and Beyond – Vaccines411
- Why You Should Keep Track of Your Children’s Immunizations – Montreal Children’s Hospital
- True or False: Babies Can Easily Handle More Than One Vaccine At a Time – Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Mumps: What You Should Know – Montreal Children’s Hospital
- If Your Child is Afraid of Needles you Can Help – Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Childhood Immunization: Get The Facts – Montreal Children’s Hospital
- The Measly Measles: What You Should Know – Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Your Child’s Immune System Has Changed. How Do You Protect Her From Infection? – Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Pregnant Mom’s Flu Shot May Protect Baby – Montreal Children’s Hospital
Just for Fun and the Love of Learning!
- Vaccine Trivia Game – Just The VAX
- Immunization Colouring Book – Immunize Canada
- Books recommended for children – Immunize Canada
- Surgeon General and Elmo team up to talk vaccinations – The Daily Dot
- Activity Spotlight: How Vaccines Work – The History of Vaccines
This list of resources is in no way complete, if you have a resource link which should be included on this page please contact us at ac.114seniccav@troppus.
This information should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.