In honour of immunization awareness, we’re highlighting an online Canadian historical exhibition called Vaccines & Immunization: Epidemics, Prevention & Canadian Innovation, created by the Museum of Health Care of Kingston.
The exhibition aims is “to look back on the unique Canadian experience with these diseases and their personal impact before the vaccines became available, focus the spotlight on the major role Canadian scientists played in their development, production and use, and underscore their public health importance in preventing, controlling or eradicating these diseases.”
- Healthy Kids Today Because of Yesterday By Vaccines411
- The World’s First Vaccination Campaign Gavi
- The Long History of mRNA Vaccines John Hopkins
- Vaccines: adapting to the times - IAVI
- Louis Pasteur’s scientific discoveries in the 19th century revolutionized medicine and continue to save the lives of millions today The Conversation
Tips & Tools:
- What Immunizations Do You Need Today Vaccines411
- The Challenge of Whooping Cough: Canada's Role in the Development of Pertussis Vaccines Health Heritage Resources
- World Health Organization Google Arts & Culture
- Vaccines & Immunization: Epidemics, Prevention & Canadian Innovation Museum of Health Care of Kingston
- Measles: Capsule History ImmunizeCanada
- The History of Vaccines History of Vaccines
- Diseases You Almost Forgot About (Thanks to Vaccines) - CDC
- 5 of the most important vaccines in history Insider
- The Future of Immunization History of Vaccines
- History of the INFLUENZA Vaccine World Health Organization
This list of resources is in no way complete, if you have a resource link which should be included on this page please contact us at ac.114seniccav@troppus.
Cette information ne devrait pas remplacer les soins médicaux et les conseils de votre médecin. Votre physicien pourrait recommander des traitements différents correspondant à votre cas spécifique et aux circonstances variées.