One of the biggest concerns on Canadians’ minds is vaccine safety. In Canada, vaccines are developed in accordance to high standards, and their effectiveness continuously monitored before they’re made available to the general public.
Browse a selection of valuable resources that will answer the many questions you might have about vaccine safety, including the process in which vaccines are regulated and monitored, the adverse effects of vaccines, how vaccines are made, whether or not vaccines cause autism in children, and much more.
Tips & Tools
- The Regulation of Vaccines for Human Use in Canada – Health Canada
- Vaccines: Myths and Facts – Canadian Paediatric Society
- Vaccines: Common concerns – Canadian Paediatric Society
- Vaccine Safety – The Public Health Agency of Canada
- The global vaccine safety initiative – WHO
- A parent’s guide to immunization information on the internet – Caring for Kids
- Vaccines safety and possible side effects – The Public Health Agency of Canada
- National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) – The Public Health Agency of Canada
- Surveillance – IMPACT
- Canadian Adverse Events Following Immunization Surveillance System (CAEFISS) – The Public Health Agency of Canada
- Vaccine efficacy, effectiveness and protection – WHO
This list of resources is in no way complete, if you have a resource link which should be included on this page please contact us at ac.114seniccav@troppus.
This information should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.