Staying healthy and immunized is a lifelong process.
Are you fully protected?
Welcome to Vaccines411.ca, Canada's Vaccine Clinic Directory. Here at Vaccines411.ca, you will find an extensive list of clinics offering immunizations across Canada, along with reliable information about a wide range of vaccinations. It's easy. Simply enter your postal code and choose your category to locate the vaccinating clinic closest to you.
Think grownups don’t need to keep up on their routine vaccinations?
Think again! The protection offered by routine childhood vaccinations against common diseases doesn’t last forever – booster doses are often needed to help ensure we can avoid infection.
Staying strong and healthy is especially important as we weather the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you have aging parents, kids or grandchildren in your life, keeping your vaccinations up to date helps you avoid spreading preventable contagious illnesses to those around you...
- Public Health Agency of Canada releases guidance on what fully vaccinated can do
- What you need to know about the federal government's ArriveCAN app
- How soon are second doses coming for Canadians, and who will get them first?
- These people were vaccine hesitant. Here's why they changed their minds
- Florida releases genetically modified mosquitoes, aims to reduce disease spread
- COVID-19 vaccine uptake among Canada's oldest residents higher than for flu shot
- Canadians urged to maintain routine vaccinations as measles soars globally
- Emergency action requested to avert measles, polio epidemics worldwide
- It’s never been more important to tell the great story of vaccines, says ABPI Chief Executive, Richard Torbett
- Prevent cancers caused by HPV, urge doctors
Vaccines play a key role early on in our lives. As children, our parents cuddled us reassuringly as we received a quick injection at the pediatrician’s, desperate to distract us from impending pain. There may have also been promises of ice cream in exchange for avoiding the inevitable tantrum that would far surpass the time spent in the doctor’s care. All jokes aside, though, in our first months and years of life, vaccines contributed to ensuring our likelihood of infant survival.
Back to the beginning: understanding vaccines
Vaccines help our immune systems block potential attacks from... Read more
Vaccines411® Past Articles
Immunizations to consider when starting a family during COVID-19
To say the last year has changed life as we knew it is an understatement. Think of all the ways we’ve had to adjust socially as a result: the muted dating scene, the postponed weddings, the uncelebrated engagements, the balcony baby showers. Despite confinement, humans have nevertheless found ways to celebrate progress, and yes, that means starting a new family, too! Sure, ultrasounds and routine exams usually leave expecting parents to videocall each other from the examination room to the car, but if these last few months have taught us anything at all, it’s that life very much goes on... Read more
Routine Vaccinations - Keeping kids safe in a not-so-routine time
As we navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, keeping your family safe has never been so important. Infection control restrictions such as physical distancing, hand washing, and wearing face masks can help reduce transmission of many infectious diseases, but keeping our communities healthy is more vital than ever. Ensuring that your children’s routine vaccinations are up to date helps protect the young, the elderly, and the medically vulnerable as well as our front-line workers and first responders... Read more
Preventing flu in the time of COVID
This year, getting your flu vaccination is especially important to protect older adults who are more susceptible to both the flu and COVID-19... Read more